Saturday, February 23, 2013

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Cupcakes

There's just something about warm, gooey oatmeal raisin cookies that is so comforting. I was inspired by this recipe (click here) from cakefyi.com. She has an awesome food blog! I used her cinnamon sugar cupcake recipe because it's delicious. The frosting on these cupcakes is phenomenal. Any chance I get to eat cookie dough, I will. I ate it right out of the bowl with a spoon. I couldn't help myself. There are no raw eggs in the recipe so I can feel less guilty about it. 

Ingredients:
for the cupcakes:
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup flour
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup milk

for the frosting
3/4c. shortening or butter
1 1/4c. brown sugar
1 c. flour
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup milk
2/3 cup powdered sugar

Toppings: 
Oats, Raisins, and Chopped Walnuts

Directions:
for the cupcakes:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place liners in cupcake pans. Cream butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs one at a time, then beat in vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking powder. Add 1/3 of flour mixture to the butter mixture, then add half the milk. Add another 1/3 of the dry, the n the remaining milk. Beat in the remaining dry ingredients. Fill liners 1/2 to 2/3 full. Bake for 15 minutes or until done. Cool completely before frosting.

for the frosting: 
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix until all ingredients are well combined. Scoop icing into piping bag, frost cupcakes as desired. Sprinkle tops of frosted cupcakes with oats, raisins, and chopped walnuts.

2 comments:

  1. These look great Emily. I'm so glad my blog could inspire you! :)

    ReplyDelete